Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love Iceland! I hate my luggage! I love Paris! I hate being sleepy!

First of all, I want to go back to Iceland. They are really awesome people, mostly blonde (but in a good way) and have crazy long words with strange accents on their letters. Which all combine into a germanic-spanish-russian-ect sounding language! Crazy!

So once we arrived in Paris, we had to get to the place we are staying, which involved taking the train and two different metros. The train I face planted on because I can't manage all of my things. The metro's were difficult because you have to go up lots of stairs...while carrying 100 lbs of luggage. (...if only I could go back in time...)

Making it to Paris is great! Matt's friend is really nice, and my French isn't QUITE as bad as I expected...granted I'm sure I sound awful...but people generally understand what I'm saying.

We walked to Montmartre which was nice, despite the fact that I was sleep walking... We finished the evening with a wonderful meal. And now I'm dreaming of a wonderful bed.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it safely... thanks for keeping us posted. (Can I forward on your blog??) love, mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know you were going to iceland. that is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete