Thursday, September 30, 2010

Long time no blog

So, it's been a while. Sorry. My life went from going non stop, to going non stop, but in a much less touristy way.
For those of you that were confused why the blogs from Edinburgh were showing up a week after they were dated, it's because I was post dating them. I didn't have time to write in Edinburgh, but I wanted to keep things nicely in sequence.

Hhhhokay. So now I'm in Bordeaux! How thrilling! Yay!

Bordeaux is a great city. It's big enough to have lots of things to do, see, eat etc. but small enough to have a friendly population. It's a total college town. There are tons of universities and dorms all over. Just walking through the city you run into the Bordeaux Universities (1-5 I think...), random art institutes, engineering schools, pretty much anything you can think of school wise.

And then there's BEM (it's pronounce bem, not spelled out) Bordeaux Ecole (school) of Management. That's where I go. In France, if you go to a public university it's paid for by the government, but BEM is a Grand Ecole, which basically means that it's private. The students have to study for 2 years after high school, take a very difficult exam and then pay about 3,000 euros a year to attend BEM. It's really funny because they always talk about what a hardship paying for it is, when really they pay nothing compared to what we do in the states. Also, there's TONS of federal aid to help students. There's a program that literally just pays your landlord some money every month. How convenient.

Ok, I think from now on I won't neccisarily blog about my day, but a general topic, like the weather, or class, or food, or life....I don't know. Je ne sais pas.

No comments:

Post a Comment