Friday, September 3, 2010

I walk and talk (not at the same time)

Today we WALKED! All over Paris. Walking with a local is so different than walking with a tour group. With a tour, you stay on all the main paths and you know where you’re going before you get there. With a local as a guide you are wandering the small random streets (especially the ones with little noise) and then happen upon the Moulin Rouge, Notre Dame, le Louvre, the Picasso Museum (which was closed for construction), many beautiful gardens, the Royal Palace etc.
Everything is gorgeous, except the Moulin Rouge…it was seriously worse than I expected. Other than that Paris is beautiful.
I got a phone today (where I witnessed my first rude Frenchmen (not directed at me)). And I think my brain is going to explode from all the French speaking that is/isn’t happening. Also, I am beyond tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment