Friday, November 12, 2010

Can I hum?

Train travel is unique. There is very little fuss about anything. You purchase your ticket in whatever manner suits you. There are no security checks, no one makes sure you’re on the right train, hell there’s no one to ASK if you’re on the right train. You just hop on board two minutes before it departs and pray you’re going the right direction.

I’m currently on my way to Toulouse. I’m pretty sure we’re going the right direction because I see signs pointing from where I came from that say Bordeaux and ones pointing to where I’m going that say Toulouse. All very good signs.

The car that I’m in currently has four people in it; it could hold 26. E just pass corn field after vineyard. It’s shocking to me how open France is. You would think they would have over populated by now, or at least built bigger houses. They live in quite cramped quarters considering the countryside we’re rolling through.

I’m really excited to be leaving Bordeaux. It has become so comfortable, it’s almost mundane. Like when the tram broke down the other day, I quite easily maneuvered myself to a bus to take me and my groceries home.

I have no idea what I’m getting myself into in Toulouse, but I’m quite thrilled. This is my first time traveling alone. I really like the idea of having to fend for myself. I can do what I want, when I want, but I also HAVE to do what I want. There’s no way to blame anyone else or depend on their knowledge.


It’s just me and the open rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment